January 25, 2017 (My Birthday)
Today is my birthday, here is my gift to you.
At least 30 years ago someone gave me a faded copy of this. These statements made a lot of sense to me at the time. Now 30+ years down the road, and many life experiences under my belt. I would say they are absolutely 100% true. There are many times in my life when I wish that these words of wisdom were more than common sense statements I had read. I wish that they had been programmed in my mind! At this point in my life I have decided to memorize these now, and it may make sense for you to as well?
- 01: People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
- 02: If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway.
- 03: If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
- 04: The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
- 05: Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.
- 06: The biggest men with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.
- 07: People favor underdogs, but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
- 08: What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
- 09: People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway.
- 10: Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.
If you liked that, you will probably enjoy this as well.
As always, your comments, questions, and thoughts are appreciated.